The Plex team is searching for a highly-qualified product manager with a strong background in global financials and experience in the roll out of solutions for targeted international markets.
In this role, you will oversee the development of a world class solution, assisting in taking an exciting, market-leading solution to the next level based on your industry expertise and your contact with customers and prospects.
Working directly within a team of product managers knowledgeable on general manufacturing, logistics and accounting processes you will contribute specific global finance and regulatory knowledge regarding compliance with government requirements, languages and local business customs, and international accounting standards. Specifically you will advise on best practices for sales tax/VAT processing, banking and cash management, exchange rate management, import/export regulations, and local GAAP/IFRS. You will advise other product managers and developers as they design specific features, work with product marketing on accurate and compelling industry positioning and advise sales on global opportunities as required.
You will provide the industry knowhow and savvy that will continue to engender confidence throughout the organization as Plex continues to develop its brand globally. You will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This is a unique opportunity to shape and transform the international market for manufacturing ERP software as the shift to the software as a service (SaaS) or Cloud model accelerates.
Primary Location(s): Anywhere in the US
Principal Role & Responsibilities:
- Management of the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, with a focus on global finance modules
- Informed analyses that demonstrate and prioritize the opportunity for Plex in targeted manufacturing geographies including general market and existing customer opportunity compared to the time and development cost to Plex
- Roadmap of features relevant to markets specifically targeted by Plex
- Tools and methodologies for customers in geographic markets not (yet) specifically supported by Plex
- Market requirement specifications for current and future products using a mix of personal knowledge, industry research and requirements gathering from visits to customers and non-customers
- Analysis of potential partner relationships for the product
- Support for marketing team members is they create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product
- Active support for sales team members as they discuss specific finance requirements in global markets
- A Bachelor Degree is required; preferably a BA in Business, or a BS in engineering or computer science
- 10+ years as a finance professional in accounting and finance or supporting international accounting systems. A globally recognized accounting or professional qualification is highly desired
- 10+ years as a product manager with a global ERP developer such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, or related companies OR experience leading the implementation of global financial end-to-end systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Plex Systems offers competitive wages, full-coverage health insurance (medical, dental, optical), 401K, tuition reimbursement, flextime and other benefits.
To apply for this position send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No unsolicited agency referrals please.