1,200 Factories Now Rely on Plex to Transform the Shop Floor and the Top Floor
TROY, MICH., July 30, 2014 – Industry leading companies continue to choose Plex, the leader in cloud-based ERP for the manufacturing enterprise, to run their organizations. More than 30 companies have selected Plex in the first half of 2014, representing nearly 60 percent growth in new customers year after year. New Plex customers include Irwin Seating, Queen City Pastry and Ritron, Inc. Also in the first half, 25 customers went live on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. In total, Plex runs nearly 1,200 customer manufacturing facilities worldwide.
Plex Highlights 1H 2014
Plex added more than 30 new customers in the first half of 2014
- Irwin Seating Company is the world's leading manufacturer of public seating for movie theatres, auditoriums, arenas, performing arts centers and convention centers. The company plans to replace more than 35 disparate, legacy ERP systems with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.
- Queen City Pastry has been manufacturing fine pastries and desserts for more than 15 years, serving companies such as Dean and DeLuca, Harris Teeter, Costco and high-end restaurants and hotels.
- Ritron is a global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of two-way radio equipment and systems for a wide range of industries — from locomotives to school security and retail. Ritron’s plans for the Plex Manufacturing cloud include comprehensive quality management and reduction in overall IT costs.
25 customers went live on Plex in the first half of 2014
- Aaron Thomas Company, a full-service corporate contract packager specializing in warehouse club and food packaging services. The company runs the Plex Manufacturing Cloud to power locations in Los Angeles, Chicago and Memphis.
- MP Mitchell Plastics of Kitchener, Canada continued its Plex implementation at the second of four plants in North America. The company is a leading supplier of interior of automotive interior mechanisms and decorative components.
- Desert Lake Technologies deployed Plex to support its operations harvesting and drying microalgae for nutraceuticals and nutritional supplements.
More than 60 customers added new products or powered new facilities with Plex
- Inteva Systems deployed Plex Enterprise Financials, providing global, companywide financial management across the more than two-dozen facilities Inteva runs with Plex.
- Avon Gear went live with Plex Finite Scheduling, improving predictability and reducing management costs across more than 600 part numbers and 100 machines on its shop floor.
Comments on 1H 2014
“2014 is the year of the Manufacturing Cloud,” said Jason Blessing, Plex CEO. “From global enterprises like Inteva to the artisans at Queen City Pastry, the cloud is powering the leaders and innovators in manufacturing. The Plex team delivered yet another record-setting first half, with new products, a terrific roster of new customers and a long list of organizations going live on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. We are perfectly positioned to extend our leadership in cloud ERP through 2014 and beyond.”
“For Inteva, Plex and the Manufacturing Cloud have really been all about partnership,” said Dennis Hodges, CIO for Inteva Systems. “In 2014, as we deploy Plex at another seven sites around the world, we also wanted to put in place a comprehensive financial management solution to support our operations. Plex’s development team has worked hand in hand with Inteva to design, build and deploy new capabilities that meet our needs. That kind of continuous innovation is only available in the cloud, and the best part is that we know more capabilities are on the way all the time.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 400 companies across industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
Katy Teer, Plex