TROY, MICH., April 8, 2014 — Plex, the leader in cloud-based ERP for manufacturers, Tuesday announced Mark Hawkins’s appointment to its board of directors. Hawkins is executive vice president and chief financial officer of Autodesk, Inc., a position he has held since 2009. Autodesk is a leader in 3-D design, engineering and entertainment software.
- Mark Hawkins joins the Plex board of directors, effective immediately.
- As executive vice president and chief financial officer of Autodesk, Hawkins is responsible for the company’s global finance, information technology and procurement organizations.
- Prior to joining Autodesk, Hawkins was CFO and senior vice president of finance and IT at Logitech International SA.
- Hawkins was also a vice president of finance for Dell, and spent more than 18 years at Hewlett-Packard, including a role on the board of directors for HP’s Japan and Shanghai Analytical Joint Ventures.
- From 2010 through 2013, Hawkins served on the board of directors for BMC Software.
- Hawkins holds a master’s degree in finance from the University of Colorado and a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University. He also completed the Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School.
Comments on the News
“Plex has established itself as the leader in cloud solutions for manufacturing, a sector with enormous potential for technology transformation worldwide,” Hawkins said. “The depth of Plex’s cloud offering, their clear focus on customers and their remarkable culture have positioned the company for long-term success. I couldn’t be happier to join the Plex team.”
“Mark brings Plex a wealth of global financial leadership experience for organizations that span technology manufacturing, enterprise computing and engineering and design,” said Jason Blessing, Plex CEO. “His background, starting with his Michigan roots, is a terrific fit for Plex as we continue to accelerate our growth through 2014 and the years to come.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 400 companies, including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered shop-floor Cloud solutions, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
Katy Teer, Plex
(248) 393-4101, email@example.com