As a member of the Plex Marketing team, the Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for generating qualified sales leads over the phone and building a business pipeline by calling pre-defined prospect lists. This is an important position in the Marketing Department, and success at this job may open up career opportunities within our Marketing and Sales departments. This position has a combined salary and commission pay structure.
Position Location(s): Troy, MI
- Develop viable leads through prospect qualification and analysis
- Cold call/e-mail 60+ pre-defined prospects per day
- Manage and track leads in Salesforce database
- Collect and record important prospect information
- Research target companies and LinkedIn to identify potential contacts
- Understand prospect business needs and issues
- Understand and communicate Plex Systems’ competitive advantages
- Quickly learn and understand the needs and issues of the assigned vertical industry
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly qualified lead goals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Competitive personality, able to handle rejection and move forward
- Strong telephone interviewing, critical listening and consultative selling skills
- High energy
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Some sales experience, preferably cold calling, call center experience or direct sales of complex consumer products and services such as Smart Phones, tablets, etc.
Plex Systems offers competitive wages, healthcare, 401K matching, flextime and other benefits.
To apply for this position send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please visit www.plex.com to learn more.