Plex is the leading cloud ERP technology company for the manufacturing enterprise. To be precise, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud is the only manufacturing cloud that delivers plant floor-focused ERP to manufacturers, powering innovation for our customers based on real-time, anywhere access to information, instantaneous communication and global collaboration.
Plex is a rapidly growing company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Director of IT & Facilities Services to lead the day to day operations of the IT Services & Facilities Departments. This position report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Position Location(s): Troy, MI
- Establish vision for overall direction of IT Services & Facilities groups and provide overall direction to execute against that vision
- Member of the Technical Operations team to assist in keeping other top technical staff apprised of current IT initiatives and to support the initiatives of the other technical teams when possible.
- Provide direction to the Business Applications Steering Committee. This includes working with committee members to establish & agree upon priorities for using resources.
- Monitor status of Facilities build out projects and provide direction where needed.
- Take top-level responsibility for the timely and thorough completion of all IT Services support requests and ensure customer satisfaction across all customers.
- Establish and perform to annual IT Services budget
- Support and mentor IT Services and Facilities personnel
- Become directly involved/manage projects when the projects require higher level sponsorship
- Represent Plex IT Services for customer complaints and issues
- Ensure all functions within the IT Services, Facilities, and Purchasing activities are in compliance with current policies and procedures.
- Work with IT Services and Purchasing groups to make sure all software licensing requirements are kept up to date.
- Overall responsibility for managing the health and reliability of all Plex internal applications
- Active member of Plex Security Team to provide insight and guidance for developing best practices and ensuring that the security of Plex and customer data is not compromised.
- Work with different department managers within the company to determine office allocations for all new and current employees.
- Review customer security access of all terminated and transferred employees.
- Assist with the approval of all employee access requests to customer accounts.
- Assist with specifications, requirements planning, and contract negotiations for technical needs of annual user conference.
- Perform annual performance reviews for all direct reports and assist with establishing achievable/measurable goals.
- 10+ years’ experience with responsibility over desktop and end user support teams.
- 4+ years of college curriculum ideally in a computer science related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft domain design and support
- Experience working in manufacturing IT environment helpful
- Familiarity with supporting SaaS enterprise applications
- Past experience supporting a mixed Apple & Microsoft environment
- Familiar with auditing requirements of a public company. (SOX/SOC)
- Experience with support of various Microsoft business applications
- Past responsibility for IT budget creation and monitoring of spend
- Experience with Salesforce application desired
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud
More than 350 companies run their manufacturing operations on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. From cam shafts to craft beers, from high-performance diesel engines to aircraft parts, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud helps companies automate the shop floor and inform the top floor. We designed our ERP solutions literally from the ground up to connect suppliers, manage materials, control machines and deliver the accounting and business intelligence manufacturing organizations need. Whether your goal is to be more competitive, drive efficiencies, introduce innovation, or be more responsive to customer needs, Plex can help you deliver what’s next.