Plex is a rapidly expanding software company who is consistently rated as a top workplace both nationally and in the Metro Detroit area. We are looking for a hands-on senior compensation & benefits manager to drive end-to-end program design, delivery and administration of our total rewards strategy. In this role, you will evaluate current compensation and benefits programs and strategize with executives and the HR Team on how they can be optimized to support a high performance culture in a rapidly growing organization.
Position Location(s): Troy, MI
- Plan, develop and implement our global compensation and benefits programs including policies, processes and communications
- Ensure the programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, consistently administered, and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Research, develop strategy, and oversee administration for all benefit programs with the support of brokers and vendors
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics in collaboration with Finance to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis
- Provide expertise and guidance to other members of the HR team; advise HR and Managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations and provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Drive programs to address business issues related to areas such as performance management, development and retention
- Oversee the compensation administration process including the planning and implementation of annual salary reviews, merit increases, and short/long term incentives
- Lead and facilitate the definition of job evaluation and classifications
- Conduct research and analysis of compensation data, model financial impact of compensation plans and programs, and prepare recommendations to support business objectives
- Monitor compensation and benefits trends in the competitive market, and ensure our total reward programs are designed to attract and retain high performers/key talent
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field. An MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of compensation & benefits experience
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with business leaders
- Ability to see the bigger picture, question assumptions and existing ways of doing things and execute flawlessly to evolve our compensation and benefits programs to drive employee engagement and retention
- Demonstrated experience in compensation analysis, trends, & best practices
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and/or PHR (professional human resources) certifications are a strong plus
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and customer service skills
- Highly analytical with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations
- Strong knowledge of EEOC regulations, FSLA, wage and hour laws
Plex Systems offers competitive wages, full-coverage health insurance (medical, dental, optical), 401K, tuition reimbursement, flextime and other benefits.
To apply for this position send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plex Systems is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 350 companies across industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.