Plex Systems is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 350 companies across multiple industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
The Plex team is searching for an experienced product manager with a strong background in the motor vehicles industry, specifically focused on supporting international manufacturing and supply chain sector customers.
In this role, you will oversee the development of a world class solution. You will deliver a market-leading position based on your industry expertise and your contact with customers and prospects.
Working directly within a team of product managers knowledgeable on general manufacturing and logistics processes, you will contribute specific vertical industry knowledge including detailed business practices, local government regulations and international standards pertinent to motor vehicle manufacturers. You will work with product marketing on compelling industry positioning and with sales on global opportunities as required.
You will provide the industry knowhow and savvy that will continue to engender confidence throughout the organization as Plex continues to develop its brand in this key market. You will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This is a unique opportunity to shape and transform the market for manufacturing ERP software as the shift to the software as a service (SaaS) or Cloud model accelerates.
Position Location(s): Troy, MI
Principal Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, with a focus on manufacturing, supply chain and finance modules within the broader motor vehicle marketplace
- Specify market requirements for current and future products using a mix of personal knowledge, industry research and requirements gathering from visits to customers and non-customers
- Help to drive projects across multiple teams (primarily development and marketing) through market requirements, product specifications, positioning, and go-to-market strategy development and execution
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the solutions
- Work with marketing team members to create the content and tools needed to successfully sell, implement and service the product
- A Bachelor Degree is required; preferably a BA in Business, or a BS in engineering or computer science. An MBA is highly desirable
- 10+ years within the motor vehicle industry with hands-on experience of the various manufacturing and logistics processes, or as a consultant implementing end-to-end systems within the sector
- Demonstrated expertise in manufacturing systems within the motor vehicle supply chain worldwide (e.g. Europe, Japan, etc.)
- Product management experience with a global ERP developer such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, or related companies is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Plex Systems offers competitive wages, full-coverage health insurance (medical, dental, optical), 401K, tuition reimbursement, flextime and other benefits.
To apply for this position send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.