Plex Systems, the leader in cloud-based ERP systems for the manufacturing enterprise, is rapidly expanding. Plex is consistently recognized as an award winning workplace and as a part of our continued expansion we are looking for talented candidates to fill the role of Solution Engineer.
The ideal Solution Engineer is passionate about delivering highly effective presentations of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud to prospects and customers. This position will support pre-sales efforts of the Process Manufacturing and Food & Beverage verticals. A successful Solution Engineer will have a deep understanding of the needs of the Process Manufacturing market, the Food & Beverage vertical and be highly effective in addressing product and technical objections in the sales cycle. The ability to translate customer requirements into successful demonstrations of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud is essential.
Position Location(s): Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; West Coast United States
- Directly support the field sales team in meeting aggressive sales and revenue targets through direct involvement with prospects, partners, integrators, consultants, and existing customers.
- Creatively demonstrate how The Plex Manufacturing Cloud provides value to prospects and existing customers.
- Prepare responses to Request for Proposal and Request for Information (RFPs/RFIs) including assessments, completed forms or surveys, and detailed proposals.
- Represent Plex as an ERP expert within the Process Manufacturing industry vertical. Attend tradeshows, customer bid meetings, customer site visits, partner conferences, and other external functions.
- Develop and deliver web-based interactive presentations to support product marketing efforts.
- Support Plex business partners and the Plex Marketing Team in sales and marketing initiatives.
- Assist in the transition of customers to the Plex Global Services & Support organization post-sale.
- Expert knowledge of Food & Beverage Manufacturing and Process Manufacturing disciplines.
- B.S. degree or equivalent work experience required. Accounting/Finance or CPA a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to “exceed expectations”.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments.
- Experience in a Pre-Sales / Sales Consulting role is preferred but not required.
- Ability to present effectively to C-Level Executives and departmental managers.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of related enterprise applications, relational database and web technology.
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies.
- Prior work within a manufacturing environment or experience implementing ERP systems a plus.
- Ability to travel
To be considered for this position, send a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Plex Systems offers competitive wages, full-coverage health insurance (medical, dental, optical), 401K, flextime and other benefits.