Track your tools and features with comprehensive management.
Managing your tools and inventories has never been easier. Establish tooling maintenance plans and track associate labor for that maintenance with Tool Management from the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. Satisfy your customers as you fulfill special requests, use detailed reports and track processes to make your business run better than ever.
- Establish a preventive maintenance schedule for each die (tool set).
- Define various events such as “clean,” “refurbish,” “rework,” etc., each with its own checklist of tasks that need to be completed
- Specify required frequencies of these events by accumulated production quantity (as captured automatically by the production tracking module) and/or calendar days
- In addition to preventative maintenance, shop users may also request special die maintenance on an as-required basis when special work is required
- Use reports such as maintenance priority to see upcoming maintenance, or view detailed maintenance histories
Die Maintenance Labor Tracking
- Track maintenance time against specific tool sets
- View reports such as total cost of die maintenance filtered or sorted by die, by product, etc.
- Fully integrated with actual costing and time & attendance
Master Tool List
- This is the foundation of the tooling system.
- Establish a master list of tools and their attributes such as tool number, revision level, description, material, supplier(s), minimum inventory quantity, minimum or standard order quantity, and dimensions
- Easily navigate numerous links from the Tool List to related Tool Inventory, Tool Manufacturing and other tooling-related modules
Online Tool Releases
- Facilitate a high level of real-time communication with your tooling suppliers without the need for paper releases, EDI, and constant phone calls to the supplier
- Issue releases to tool suppliers using Web-based communication
- Via the supplier portal, suppliers view the online releases screen to see releases that have been issued to them and the commit to or reject those release dates and/or quantities
- Suppliers ready to ship tools use Plex Online to print out a barcoded shipper in advance which is then delivered and received with the tools
- Streamline your tool receiving process by taking advantage of the barcoded, “pre-received” and inherently accurate incoming shipper
Tool BOM / Assemblies
- This module provides foundational data for the Tool Sets module, which tracks the physical instances of each assembly.
- Define the list of tools required to produce each product at each operation and workcenter
- Easily distinguish machine-specific tools (adapters) from tools used regardless of machine (forming tools)
- This module also provides the foundation for tool staging reports which compare available tool inventory to the tooling required to fulfill the production schedule.
Tool Failure Tracking & Analysis
- Reduce tooling and tooling-related expense by understanding which tools cost the most and which ones cause the most production stoppages
- Compare actual tool life to standard (expected) life
- Use Pareto analysis to clearly identify how tools and failures generate costs which contribute directly to the bottom line, and also how much unexpected tool failures contribute indirectly to total costs by disrupting the manufacturing operation
- Prioritize tool design, manufacturing or usage improvements for those tools which analysis demonstrates have the highest total cost
- Manage the physical instances of the tools listed in the master tool list
- Use barcode scanning to change tool locations when they move
- The system automatically collects data needed for the detailed log of every move, production run, and repair performed on a given tool.
Tool Life Tracking
- Track tool life including reworks and total tool life using a closed-loop tool failure response system, tool cost improvement system, failure mode analysis, etc.
- Tool life data is collected automatically by the production tracking system
- Enter and track customer orders for tooling
- Manage, schedule, and invoice customer tool orders
Tool Requirements Planning
- Recommend tool procurement based on current tool inventory and orders vs. standard tool life, production requirements and minimum tool inventory levels
Tool Set Tracking (Die Tracking)
- Track tool sets (collections of tool details)
- Tool sets are uniquely identified and tracked with a barcode and may be complete dies which are tracked over time, or may be temporary collections of loose tools that are used together in the workcenter
- The system automatically maintains a detailed log of everything that happens to each tool set (die).