Go above and beyond with advanced options in quality management.
Take your quality management practices to the next level with features such as the supplier quality management suite which allows you to see every aspect of quality and production in your plant. Problem control and continuous improvement project tracking are included for efficient production as well as gage integration, inventory and calibration control. Quality standards compliance exists to help you meet important milestones, while internal and supplier auditing ensure your integrity on the plant floor.
- Use the advanced product quality planning (APQP) discipline to coordinate multiple tasks that help ensure product quality is “built into” the production process
- This is often a necessary element for quality standard compliance
Continuous Improvement Project Tracking
- Track and document implementation of cost saving ideas, best practices, Poka-Yoke (error proofing), and other continuous improvement projects.
- Normally used in conjunction with the Problem Control feature set
Electronic Gage Integration
- Connect electronic gages to Plex Online to eliminate manual data entry of dimensional measurements.
- Manage and control measurement devices within the facility whether owned by the company or individuals using a master list of gages
- Optionally serialize and identify gages with barcode labels
- Perform gage studies including gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R), bias, linearity and stability
Internal & Supplier Auditing
- Define, track and conduct internal and supplier quality audits
- Custom configure audit forms for a variety of other auditing and checking tasks and projects
- Create and manage first-piece inspection packages (sometimes referred to as production part approval process or PPAP) for submission to the customer to obtain approval to begin production
- Print a combined set of documents such as part submission warrants (PSWs) as required by the customer to obtain approval to begin production
- The system draws data from a variety of other modules to produce other supporting documents such as control plans, FMEAs, gage R&R, first-piece inspection data, etc.
- Use highly configurable forms to apply techniques such as problem reporting and resolution (PR/R), 8-discipline (8D), 5 why or other corrective action methods to record, track, follow-up on, resolve and report problems and concerns within the company, caused by suppliers, or raised by customers
- Assign actions needed for containment, correction, and prevention of problem recurrence
- Via the supplier portal, suppliers can directly collaborate on the resolution of problems for which they are responsible
This is often a necessary element for quality standard compliance.
Quality Standards Compliance
- Help ensure accomplishment and retention of certification to the quality standards important in your industry using flexible, user-configurable methodologies
- Document itemized quality standard requirements within the system, then use a formalized mechanism for review/signoff, audits, checklists, procedures, documentation, and follow-up activities
- Issue and manage first-piece inspection packages (sometimes referred to as production part approval process or PPAP) to help ensure vendors are qualified to supply products and materials you may order from them
- View and print if desired a combined set of documents such as part submission warrants (PSWs) provided by the supplier
Supplier Quality Management
- Manage supplier quality by tracking supplier status, certification level, problem history, quality performance and other metrics
- Prevent purchase orders from being issued to suppliers with an unknown or unacceptable status
- Via the supplier portal, suppliers can directly review and collaborate with you to improve their performance
- Integrated with Supplier List, Problem Control, Purchasing and Shipping and Receiving
- Track product that needs to be returned to a supplier
- Integrated with inventory and lot tracking, problem control, supplies, rejections and general shipping
- Track supplier performance against a set of key measurables, such as quality, delivery, cost, and technology.