Plex Systems is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to grow their career with our progressive organization.
We are a mid-size, growing, and technically-minded company that has consistently received awards as one of the top workplaces in Michigan. Our “continuous improvement” methodology is fueled by our administrators’ eternal quest for knowledge. We exist to design, build, maintain and improve the hardware infrastructure that powers our flagship product, PLEX. This is a full-time position in Auburn Hills, MI.
- Implement and maintain Transactional Replication
- Implement and maintain Merge Replication
- Implement and maintain Partitioning schemes
- Maintaining database in a 7X24 VLDB environment
- Creating indexes and maintaining them
- Checking for and resolving DB integrity issues
- Sizing new and replacement database servers
- Monitoring SQL Server memory utilization
- Monitoring for locking and blocking
- Implementation and administration of SQL Server Failover Clusters
- Administer SQL Server Agent jobs, operators, and alerts
- Implement and maintain Database Mirroring
- Implement and maintain Database Compression
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with SQL Server 2008
- Prefer a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related degree
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of Transactional and Merge Replication
- Working knowledge of Partitioning in a VLDB environment
To apply for this position send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.