PowerPlex 2018 Recap
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud 17th annual user conference was held May 14 – 17 in Detroit, Michigan. More than 1,000 great minds in manufacturing came together to share our collective experiences and expertise on how to meet industry challenges and find pragmatic applications to leverage manufacturing innovation for the continued success of our industry. PowerPlex 2018 was our most robust program yet, with nearly 140 presenters and 100 sessions delivering on a learning agenda built directly by Plex users and partners.
We look forward to PowerPlex each year as an annual celebration of our customers and the people who Make Things. Here are some highlights of the PowerPlex 2018 attendee experience:
- More than 1,000 participants and nearly 140 presenters – 40% of whom were customers who use the Plex Manufacturing Cloud in their daily jobs.
- Our inaugural Innovation Keynote to kick off Day 2, covering augmented reality wearables, voice interaction with Plex, and a programmable drone to enable greater safety and efficiency on the shop floor.
- 200+ hours of hands-on demos at the Plex Experience Lab, including 1:1 working session appointments newly offered this year, and our largest Customer Showcase spotlighting real products made in the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.
- Key product announcements and milestones in Connected Manufacturing, including Advanced Analytics, Plex Industrial Automation, Sequenced Shipping, Lot Inheritance, API Integration, and the introduction of our new Plex Mobile tools.
- Recognition of the 2018 Plex Impact Award Winners: Motus Integrated Technologies – Transformation; Plymouth Foam – Innovation; and Catallia Mexican Foods LLC and Argent International – both for Industry Leadership.
- Our entertaining trio of guest speakers – Grant Imahara, Tory Belleci and Kari Byron from the MythBusters™ Build Team (and the first “explosion” we’ve ever allowed on our main stage).
- Another amazing PartyPlex—our annual bash in celebration of Makers—hosted at PunchBowl Social in downtown Detroit.
PowerPlex 2018 Recap
PowerPlex 2018 was held May 14 – 17 in Detroit, Michigan. More than 1,000 members of the Plex community came together for four information-packed days of in-depth learning, idea exchange, and peer networking opportunities. View a recap of PowerPlex 2018, including highlights, keynote sessions on-demand, and photos of the Plex community in action.
PowerPlex 2018 Opening Keynote, Tuesday, May 15
Interim Plex CEO, Don Clarke, and friends kick off PowerPlex 2018, a celebration of all the wonderful and amazing things our customers make to improve the world around us.
Plex in the Labs: Innovation Keynote, Wednesday, May 16
New in 2018, Plex’s Chief Technology Officer and co-founder, Jerry Foster, and friends provide a peek at what’s new in the Plex Labs as we continue to redefine the cutting edge of manufacturing technology.
2018 Plex Impact Awards, Wednesday, May 16
Our customers make things that move us, feed us, help us improve the world around us. Our customers make an impact. The Plex Impact Awards honors members of the Plex Community—everyday heroes in the manufacturing industry. Watch as we recognized customer accomplishments in the past year with the 2018 Plex Impact Awards.
PowerPlex 2018 Photos
PowerPlex Learning Sessions
Missed a session or want to take a look back? Educational content is now available for PowerPlex 2018 attendees. Log in and visit the PowerPlex 2018 space in the Plex Community to access session recordings and presentation PDFs. You must be a PowerPlex 2018 attendee and a current Plex user with an active Plex Community login to gain access.
PowerPlex 2018 was bursting with exciting announcements at, and leading up to, and after the conference. Here are some highlights of the media buzz surrounding PowerPlex:
More than 1,000 leading manufacturing & technology professionals gather in Detroit May 14-17 to disc...
Plex Systems announced the release of Plex Mobile, a new, native mobile app purpose-built to address...
Plex recognizes manufacturers for their ability to reshape the manufacturing industry, set the bar f...
Plex CEO, Don Clark, kicks off PowerPlex 2018 with statistics on the fastest year of growth in the c...
In Jerry Foster’s Keynote we learned that innovation can take many forms. Here are compelling exampl...
PowerPlex 2018 Innovation Keynote Speaker, Jerry Foster, talks about the history & future of innovat...