It’s that time of the year: time to set resolutions that’ll guide you through 2016. As a manufacturer, your goals might be to leverage plant floor data to improve efficiencies, streamline processes and more. Check out our New Year's Resolution infographic to see the changes manufacturers can implement to make 2016 a success.
Here are the top five resolutions you should consider to help you reach your business goals in 2016:
- Lose weight. On the plant floor, scrap equals excess weight. The best way to reduce scrap is to streamline business processes to run more efficiently. An ERP system that doesn’t allow workers to proceed until the proper steps are followed will help your operation lose weight.
- Try something new. It’s time to be a progressive thought leader in your organization and rid your plant floor of ineffective paper-based or outdated legacy ERP processes. With a cloud-based ERP system, you can use technology to make sense of big data, making you a valuable commodity in your organization.
- Save money. An effective cloud ERP system enables you to improve cash flow and product margins with real-time inventory tracking, serialized barcode capabilities and built-in quality and management systems. Real-time visibility into your shop floor operations leads to happy customers, strong supplier relationships, and higher profit margins.
- Get organized. Trying to meet tight shipping deadlines? Trying to more efficiently schedule jobs, machines and operators? Need insight into real-time data? Aligning your business with a cloud ERP system organizes and integrates all processes from the plant floor to the top floor. Planning and scheduling capabilities as well as production, quality and inventory management allow you to clearly structure and align all your business processes.
- Spend more time with friends and family. Friends and family help you stay connected to important events and the world around you. Connecting with the Plex Customer Community, a private site for Plex customers, partners and employees, helps you stay in touch with the latest and greatest updates to the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. The Plex Customer Community is your go-to space to ask and answer questions about the manufacturing cloud, and you’ll learn all the ways cloud ERP enhances plant floor operations. Our community is 100% manufacturers, so there’s always something to learn from manufacturers who have achieved world-class status.
Check out the Plex Community, a private collaboration portal allowing Plex users to connect, discover information, share ideas, ask questions and deploy best practices.