Supply Chain Planning (SCP)
Balance growth, cost, inventory, and production with real-time plant floor data to effectively forecast—and deliver on—customer demands.
Proactively Plan Your Supply Chain
You need to anticipate supply disruptions, compensate for fluctuating demand, and plan for operational changes. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud supply chain planning solution is designed for an enterprise-wide cross-functional sales and operations planning process to deliver an optimized master production schedule.
At a Glance
Deliver on customer demand by translating your business strategy into operations directives and forecasted future demand.
Combine cross-functional strategic data to assess and project demand and supply forecasts for your enterprise.
Provide seamless integration between supply chain planning and manufacturing operations and execution.
Optimize your material and production requirements with an effective master production schedule (MPS).
Identify short- and long-term capacity constraints, using input from actual and planning orders to make proactive decisions.
Adjust your supply chain and production plans, confidently and accurately, based on continuous updates from the plant floor.
Supply Chain Planning in the Cloud
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud manages operations via a single source of data to effectively manage your supply chain planning so you can focus your business—not on maintaining software functionality, disparate systems, or upgrades.
What Makes Plex Different?
With Plex, you get a real-time solution that makes information available to organizations and users who need it, when they need it.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud enables you to effectively manage your financial, operational, and IT strategies within one unified system—beyond ERP and MES. A single source of truth that connects your plant floor to your top floor, giving you end-to-end supply chain and production visibility and control with real-time access to data across your entire manufacturing enterprise.
See how Plex solves your business challenges for: Supply Chain Planning (SCP), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Industrial Automation (M2M).
Collaborative Supply Chain Planning
Supply chain planning isn’t just for large manufacturing enterprises. No matter how large or small your operations may be, you need a formal cross-functional integrated process for enterprise-wide (multi-facility) demand and supply planning. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud enables you to:
- Combine strategic input from multiple teams including sales, marketing, engineering, operations, and finance in a formal sales and operations process.
- Plan across multiple products, production lines, manufacturing, and distribution facilities for a holistic enterprise-wide plan—with user-defined planning frequency and planning horizon.
- Develop a cross-functional, consensus-based plan leading to an actionable master production schedule (MPS).
Customer-Focused Forecasting and Modeling
Don’t plan in isolation. You need an integrated ERP system that gives you insight into the current state of production and future commitments so you can:
- Match supply and demand plans with financial considerations with a multi-criteria workflow-driven hierarchical planning process.
- Balance supply and demand across potential trade promotions, new product introductions, mergers and acquisitions, production capacity changes, updated distribution channels, and other strategic business levers.
- Evaluate the impact of various what-if scenarios and different demand patterns, without affecting live data.
- Compare actual versus projected numbers for timely and responsive operations management and re-planning.
Rough-cut Capacity-driven Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
The first step in efficiently managing your production is to understand requirements for key resources including labor, machinery, warehouse space, suppliers’ capabilities, and even money. Plex supply chain planning helps you:
- Conduct true capacity calculations—across all facilities—to include multiple shifts, number of resources, number of production lines, production calendar, and machine performance.
- Perform level loading for quarters and months to minimize variability in work center utilization.
- Build supply plans for quantity on hand, safety stock, sales forecast, and open and dependent orders, or override safety stock and lead time settings.
- Reschedule order quantities and due dates to remove over-capacity periods or adjust over-capacity periods with sub-contracting orders.
Automated Detailed Production Planning
Gone are the days when you relied on spreadsheets to manage your detailed production plans. You need an automated planning system that looks at the entire production process—including quantities, inventory levels, and resources requirements. Plex supply chain planning enables you to:
- Execute forecasting and production planning on a user-defined schedule, integrated with Plex manufacturing operations management (MOM) and manufacturing execution system (MES).
- Push MPS to drive purchasing and production to stay updated on adjustments to production performance, if any.
- Determine planning and safety lead times as well as get recommendations for lead-time improvements.
- Calculate key metrics for order performance including days late, percent on time, average order replenishment time, and more.
Customer Success Stories
Find out how to optimize performance across your supply chain.
Increase efficiency, quality and transparency with supplier portals.
Translate your business strategy into operational directives for desired customer service levels, estimated market potential and forecasted future demand.
Make informed decisions about what to produce, how much to produce, when to produce, and set realistic expectations with customers.
Optimize your master production schedule (MPS) across a network of warehouses, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.