Plex Manufacturing Cloud for Food & Beverage Processors
Food and beverage processors face perhaps the most complex manufacturing environment in the world.
With ingredients whose expiration dates vary depending on how they are stored and processed, commodity prices that are affected by weather halfway around the world, and a dizzying array of global safety standards (e.g., FSMA. GFSI. HACCP. The Bio-Terrorism Act. SQF) , the challenges within the food and beverage industry are not for the faint of heart. But the Plex Manufacturing Cloud is here to help.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud was designed to capture real-time information about processes and communicate that information to every part of your business. At the same time, our cloud ERP software has been specifically customized for manufacturers in the food & beverage industry, enabling them to manage and mistake-proof their processes — while easing regulatory reporting and compliance.
You’d expect any good manufacturing ERP solution to provide you with lot tracking and traceability, but of course we also offer complex recipe/formula management, lot control, and some of the most advanced quality management capabilities available anywhere, in any software package.
But we’re more than just these features and functions, just as your business is more than its raw ingredients. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is a dynamic platform for running the business you’re in and the business you’re on the way to becoming.
In the light of recent legislation and a number of food safety incidents, traceability of food products back from the consumer to the very beginning of the supply chain has never been so important. Plex offers full traceability systems to manage this important process more effectively.
- Graphical forward and reverse traceability with drill through analysis of any item, raw material, Work in Progress or finished good
- Manage any recall situation in minutes rather than hours or days
Process based manufacturing requires unique functionality like managing recipes, formulas, batch production and lot control. Plex provides tools to manage these unique industry requirements allowing recipe version control, lot and product characteristics tracking, and support for co-products and by-products.
Quality ManagementEffectively managing the quality of ingredients, Work in Progress and Finished Goods is critical. Plex provides powerful tools to help in this effort, including: automatic identification of products that need inspection, real-time status of products that are in Quality Control hold or failed inspection, corrective action for failed inspections, and more comprehensive quality features.
- Quality Management is integrated throughout the system; not an add-on or stand-alone module.
- Integration capabilities to LIMS systems, PLC’s, etc., to pull real-time data
- Gain visibility into quarantined lots ensuring they are not used, shipped or can be easily recalled
Process Manufacturers require strict control over recipes and formulas. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud comes with features that help food and beverage processors manage versioning by ensuring the correct recipe is always used. The Plex Cloud also maintains a history of all batches and lots produced using older versions of recipes.
- Version Control
- Effectivity and expiration date management of recipes
- Reverse Bill of Materials to support disassembly processes with co-products and by-products
- Quick copying and pasting of recipes to manage versioning
- Multi-Level Bill of Material to manage the complexities of recipes and routings
Regulatory Compliance and Reporting
Food and beverage processors face more scrutiny from both government regulatory bodies as well as customers. This increased pressure to meet stringent quality, traceability and document control standards is driving the need for more robust functionality. Plex is well positioned to help customers meet and exceed proper control of the Bio-Terrorism Act, HACCP, GFSI, SQF, ISO and other regulatory mandates.
- Full forward and backwards traceability
- Serialized tracking of inventory at all levels
- Electronic signatures
- Document control system
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
EDI is required for doing business throughout the food and beverage processing supply chain. Setting up and maintaining an EDI system can be cumbersome, time-consuming and expensive. Plex simplifies and streamlines the process. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud’s EDI features integrate with manufacturing systems for cost and time savings. Our expert staff stays up to date on the latest standards, protocols and trading partners.
- Supports all EDI standards including ANSI X12 and EDIFACT
- Seamless integration with orders, releases and shipping
- Automated creating and handling of all acknowledgements without user involvement
Planning & Scheduling
Plex has a fully robust and integrated planning and scheduling engine to help companies better manage reorder points, MRP, PRP, forecasting and scheduling. Food and beverage processors better manage inventory and meet customer demand by improving efficiencies throughout their process and increasing customer satisfaction. Includes
- Full MRP and PRP
- Single and multi-facility management
- Visual sequence board
- Finite scheduling
Document Control for Food & Beverage
Plex Systems understands the needs of food and beverage processing companies when it comes to managing documentation. From Standard Operating Procedures immediately available in electronic format at the workstation to historical recordkeeping, training videos and integrated shipping documentation, nearly any type of document can be stored throughout the system for immediate retrieval. Fully integrated document control helps manage regulatory mandates including ISO and the BioTerrorism Act of 2002, ensuring food safety and quality control.
- Version Control
- Check in/ Check out documents
- Change Control with full history
- Context-based document control for Certificate of Analysis (COA), custom forms, Standard Operating Procedures and many more
Food and beverage processors require extremely tight inventory control. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud manages inventory in real time, enabling immediate visibility of the current status and history of all inventory to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory mandates.
- Flexible cost management
- Fully integrated barcode printing and RFID support
- Multiple unit of measure management and conversions
- Warehouse Management
- Shelf life control
- Characteristic tracking of raw materials, Work in Progress and finished goods to help manage variability
- Support of Catch Weight