Gain Quality Control on Your Shop Floor
A cloud ERP solution that supports closed-loop quality control for faster compliance and operational advantage.
Keep your customers and CFO happy with built-in quality by design
Deliver high-quality products on-time, today and every day with the Plex’s integral quality solution at your fingertips.
Four Compass Points for Quality ManagersRead eBook
At a Glance
Closed-loop quality control supporting the Plan/Do/Check/Act approach to reduce scrap and waste by proactively preventing quality failures.
Tightly integrated, industry-specific quality templates that are automatically populated for easier compliance.
Database-driven approach to quality for recording all transactions digitally.
Integral quality controls such as error-proofed checksheets to minimize defects/deviations.
High-resolution traceability enabling isolation and containment of quality leaks for quick response and for minimizing the scope of recalls.
Designed for lean operations to embrace continuous improvement.
Customers have high expectations and if you don’t meet them—someone else will. Delivering high-quality products while managing complexity and rapidly changing technology is more challenging than ever. The key is staying ahead of scrap and returns by designing quality into your processes—by planning the work and working the plan.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud delivers:
- Support for common, supply chain best practices so you can easily satisfy delivery expectations.
- Built-in, standard, operating procedures for problem control and corrective action
- Error-proofing that makes doing the right thing the easy thing to do.
- Best-in-class, closed-loop quality management to minimize disruptions and ensure repeatable, predictable delivery.
- Visibility to your customers via a customer portal so they can monitor quality status and delivery expectations.
“What that gives us is real confidence in the processes we are running, the accuracy of the data we are capturing, the visibility of our operations, and the quality of the products we are creating and shipping to customers.” Matt Shamblin, Technical Services Manager, Caltherm
Customer and Industry Compliance
Mitigating risk throughout your supply chain protects your customers and your reputation. With ever-changing regulations like the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) standard replacing ISO 16949 or the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) for the food and beverage industry, you need a system that is designed around risk-based thinking.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud gives you:
- Built-in error-proofing concepts that reduce risk and make compliance much easier.
- Tightly integrated, industry-specific quality compliance modules with templates that are automatically populated with collected inspection data.
- Instant notifications for quality or maintenance concerns that could put production throughput at risk.
- Support for industry quality standards (AIAG, APQP, QS9000, FDA, FSSC, SQF, FSMA, etc.) so you can consistently meet compliance requirements and customer quality expectations.
“We decided to expand our use of Plex and implemented its complete Quality Management System. Using Plex made earning ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 9001 so much easier than what the typical company has to go through. Plex brought real value to our company.” Richard Najarian, President, Precision Global Systems
Documentation and Audits
If your company has ever been named in a recall, you know how urgent it is to provide the necessary documentation. With manual, paper-based processes, it could take days or weeks and end up costing a fortune or worse—your business. The same is true for audits. You’d rather have your people focusing on business instead of gathering documents.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is a database-driven ERP system that records and tracks every operational transaction, giving you a single source of truth that and helps you:
- Eliminate the need to consult multiple disparate data sources and binders of paper records.
- Capture who, what, when, where, and even why, making audits easy and fast.
- Respond faster to recalls and minimize your exposure with end-to-end inventory traceability for one-up and one-back reporting.
- Access the right information anytime, anywhere on any device.
“All we have to do is throw the information up on a screen. Auditors never even have to leave the conference room to view all the reports and gather all the data they need.” Jeff Aznavorian, Vice President and General Manager, Clips & Clamps Industries
Even with the best work instructions, people and processes can go astray. An enterprise quality management system goes beyond the departmental view of quality and enables everyone in your organization to drive for quality work. In a sense, operationalizing quality.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is designed with:
- Error-proofing (poka-yoke) to minimize common inventory, production, and shipping errors so that delays, expedites, and waste are reduced.
- Continuous improvement (CI) module to support and manage CI initiatives.
- Bulletins and notices to inform operators of issues that may have been noticed from a previous job or shift.
- Integrated preventative maintenance to increase uptime and OEE with instant notifications for quality or maintenance that could risk production throughput.
- Documented production processes and up-to-date work instructions directly accessible at work centers.
Customer Success Stories
Read this LNS Research report to discover the benefits of improving quality management maturity. Download now.
This white paper will show how cloud-based quality management systems can ensure compliance becomes a competitive advantage, not just a constraint.
Why should you choose Plex?
Discover more about the cloud ERP benefits Plex offers.
Plex is Built for Manufacturers
Manufacturing ERP software is not all the same. Historical ERP software solutions involve painful implementation projects followed by challenging periodic updates – often forcing companies to go years without updating their ERP system. Meanwhile, these same companies lose value day after day as new features and functions elude them, only implemented with the next painful ‘big bang’ upgrade.
Modern manufacturing ERP software from Plex takes a different approach. No more waiting. No more upgrades. New features are added daily to a single line of code, shared instantly with all Plex customers. Those customers not only realize renewed value daily, but share best practices real time with other peer Plex customers, all of which have access to exactly the same features, functions and capabilities enabled by a true, single ERP software code SaaS cloud offering.
ERP software solutions should truly be just that; solutions. Manufacturers are often tempted by ERP software vendors touting strong financial, accounting, and even retail ERP software solutions and systems. None of these, however, do the one thing they need particularly well – manufacturing.
Plex is different, offering the only ERP software solution built from the ground up in the cloud and focused exclusively on manufacturing. At Plex, we know manufacturing isn’t just part of the business: manufacturing is the business. The Plex ERP software solution is purpose-built to fit your manufacturing business needs, evolving with you while adding value daily.
Manufacturing ERP software is not all the same. Plex can help you be different. Find out how.
Manufacturers have moved beyond the need for non-integrated point solutions to solve their challenges – they require a true ERP system. Beyond individual, bolt-on products, an ERP system enables connectivity between companies, their customers and their suppliers.
An ERP system must fit the business needs of a given company, while offering a broad array of capabilities designed for that business. With an eye toward the future, the right ERP system gives companies the power to scale at their pace while adding constant value in real time.
Move your business forward with a true ERP system. Find out how.