By visiting or using this Website or other Channels or submitting any Personal Information to Plex (or our Service Providers), you consent to the information practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the information practices described in this Policy, you should not provide us (or our Service Providers) with any of your Personal Information or use this Website or other Channels. For purposes of this Policy, a "Service Provider" means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom Plex has an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information.
Plex complies with the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States, respectively. You can view more information about the Privacy Shield Principles and how we comply with them in the “EU – U.S. Privacy Shield” section below.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit this Website and through your interaction with or use of the other Channels, Plex or its Service Providers collect, process, and retain information about you, which may include Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can identify you or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name and physical address, email address, telephone number
- Past transactional behavior on the Channels
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, preferences, geographic location and information about your business or company such as its name, size
andlocation and your role within the company
- Employment history and related Personal Information submitted by an applicant seeking employment at Plex
- As described to you when we collect the Personal Information.
Other Information We Collect
Plex and its Service Providers may also collect ‘other information’ through your interaction with and use of this Website, the other Channels and non-Plex websites which
Other information that we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Unique IDs such as a cookie, web beacon, flash cookie or local shared storage placed on your computer, or mobile or device IDs
- Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") and information derived from your IP Address such as your geographic location
- Activities, interactions, preferences, transactional, and other device and connection information from your visits to this Website and other Channels such as information contained in HTTP headers, or other internet transfer protocol signals, browser or device type and version, operating system, user-agent strings and information about your preferred language
- Behavioral data about your visit to this Website or usage of the other Channels, such as the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, the content areas visited, and the dates and times of your access and activities
- The web search terms you used to locate and navigate to this Website or other Channels and the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to this Website and to which URL you browse away from this Website if you click on a link while on any Channel
- When you open email messages from us or click on links
withinthose email messages
- As described to you when we collect the information
In some instances, Plex or our Service Providers may combine other information with Personal Information, such as deriving geographical location from your IP Address. Information collected may also be combined or supplemented with information obtained from other sources. For example, we may combine publicly available information related to the organization you work for with the information that you provide to Plex. If we combine other information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Personal Information and other information may be collected by Plex and our Service Providers using a variety of methods that generally fall into three categories:
- Direct Interactions. From your use of and interaction with us through the Channels and other activities such as account creation, submission of registrations and forms, or sales inquiries and applications for employment.
- Publicly Available Information / Information from Third Parties. Information from Automated Interactions on non-Plex websites, or other information you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or information provided by
third partysources, such as marketing opt-in lists, or data aggregators.
- Automated Interactions. From the use of technologies such as Cookies; Web Beacons; IP Addresses, URLs, Log Files and Other Data; and Widgets, Buttons, and Tools.
- Cookies. Plex's server will query your browser to see if there are "cookies" previously set by this Website and our other electronic Channels. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. Cookies may collect information, including a unique identifier, user preferences, profile information, membership information, and general usage and volume statistical information. Cookies may also be used to collect individualized website use data, provide electronic Channel personalization, or conduct and measure the effectiveness of advertising in accordance with this Policy.
- Functional Cookies. Functional cookies are used to improve how this Website and the other Channels function and perform, to enhance and customize your interactions with Plex, and to help us provide you with more relevant messages, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Channels, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. Functional cookies are used to improve how this Website and the other Channels function and perform, to enhance and customize your interactions with Plex, and to help us provide you with more relevant messages, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Channels, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. Plex and its Service Providers sometimes
- Web Beacons. Plex and its Service Providers use Web beacons (‘pixels’) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about visitors’ usage of this Website and interaction with emails from Plex. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your
computer, such as cookies, when you viewed this Website or another Channel tied to the Web beacon. Web beacons may be placed in marketing emails that notify Plex when you click on a link in the email that directs you to this Website or one of the other Channels. Web beacons are also used to operate and improve this Website or another Channel. Information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's e-mail address.
- IP Addresses, URLs, Log Files and Other Data. Plex may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself such as your browser type, your Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date/time stamps associated with your usage. Due to Internet communications standards, when you visit or use this Website or the other Channels, we automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you go when you leave this Website. This information is used to analyze overall trends, to help us improve the Channels, to track and aggregate non-personal information, and to provide the various Channels. The information collected may be gathered and stored in log files and then used to track and analyze both individualized usage and volume statistical information from interactions with the electronic Channels.
- Browser Controls. Automated Interaction technologies can operate across all of your browsers. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these technologies and in some instances will require additional steps beyond browser settings to manage their use and removal. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion or for opting out of targeted or interest-based advertising. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with website features and customizations.
- ‘Opt-Out’ for Targeted and Interest-Based Advertising. As described in the “Collection of Personal and Other Information” and the “How Information is Collected and Used” sections of this Policy, Plex uses Service Providers to display advertising on this Website and other Channels and to manage our advertising on other sites. Our Service Providers may use Automated Technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other Channels in order to provide you advertising based
uponyour browsing activities and interests. We do not use or provide Personal Information collected from visits to or use of this Website or other Channels for serving targeted or interest-based advertising. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted or interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/; (if you are located in the European Union, please click this link: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served with advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
The opt-out tools described above may be cookie-based and prevent Plex and its Service Providers from using the information collected from your visit to this Website or other Channels for targeted or interest-based advertising on the browser on which the ‘opt-out’ cookies are installed. As a result, the
opt outwill only function if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies, and may not function where cookies are automatically or manually disabled or removed (e.g., certain mobile devices, browsers andoperating systems). If you block or delete all cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, our opt-out process may not function properly and/or you may need to torenew your opt outchoice.
- Unsubscribe. Plex offers visitors, customers, and attendees of programs and events who provide contact information a means to choose how Plex and its Service Providers use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
For information on how to access or change your Personal Information provided to Plex, please see the “Access and Changes to Your Personal Information” section below.
- Do Not Track. Because there is no uniform or common industry standard for how Do Not Track (DNT) signals are sent or verified, Plex does not respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, we
offeropt out and other choice mechanisms described in this “Opt-Out, Unsubscribe, Browser Controls, and Do Not Track” section. If you prefer that we do not use any non-Personal Information about your website visits for delivering targeted or interest-based advertising, you may opt outat any time by clicking this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/; (if you are located in the European Union, please clickingthis link: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). We will continue to monitor furtherdevelopment of a DNT standard by the privacy community and industry.
Use of Your Information
Plex may use or share the information it collects from you, which (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law) may include Personal Information, other information, or a combination of both, in order to:
- Deliver the services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested.
- Respond directly to your information requests (including newsletter registrations or other specific requests) or other inquiries. For example, if you fill out a “Contact Me” web form, Plex will use the information provided to contact you about your interest in the products, services
andprograms offered by Plex. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
- Provide access to protected information or materials available on this Website or through other Channels and to follow up with you after your visit.
- Understand how this Website and the other Channels are being used and personalize your experience on this Website or through other Channels by presenting products or features that are tailored to your interests.
- Allow you to participate in interactive discussions; create a profile; post comments, opportunities or other content; communicate directly with another
user;or otherwise engage in networking activities. Some of these services are moderated and all may be accessed for technical reasons. Plex does not control the content that users post to these forums or social networks. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit Personal Information to these forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you submit appropriately. You should also review any additional terms and conditions that may govern your use of these Channels. To manage or remove your Personal Information from our online communities, please fill out a request form. If we are not able to remove your Personal Information, we will let you know.
- Post testimonials on our Channels that may contain Personal Information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, contact us at email@example.com.
- Personal Information and other information of applicants interested in employment with Plex may be shared within Plex and with our Service Providers during the hiring process. Plex and its Service Providers are committed to protecting the confidentiality of job applicants.
- Send administrative communications such as important product notices including those announcing changes to our terms or policies, information about particular programs in which you have chosen to participate, promotional offers and surveys.
- Communicate relevant product, services or other information which we believe may be of interest to you, such as:
- product announcements, newsletters, and educational materials;
- administrative information such as notices related to product, service, or policy changes; and
- upcoming events and conferences hosted or co-sponsored by Plex or one of our partners which may include information about the event's content, logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to your event registration.
After the event, Plex may contact you about the event and related products and
services,and may share information about your attendance with your company. Where legally permitted, Plex may also allow designated partners or conference sponsors to send you communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your Personal Information at their conference booths or presentations. You should review their privacy policies to learn how they use Personal Information.
- Diagnose technical problems with this Website or other Channels.
- Prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities or protect the security or integrity of this Website, the other Channels, our business, or our products or services.
Disclosure and Sharing Your Information
Plex may disclose your Personal Information in situations we believe to be necessary or appropriate such as:
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence in order to:
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes;
- enforce this Website’s Terms and Conditions;
- protect and defend our rights or property and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- act to protect the interests of our visitors, users, customers, applicants or others.
- Plex may offer solely or jointly with third parties, webinars, white paper downloads, or other services related to Plex offerings or services. We may share your contact information and product interest in these offerings or services with third parties to communicate with you.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we expect that any and all information that we have will be among the assets transferred to the relevant third party, including the Personal Information provided to us by visitors and users of the Channels.
Plex does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information collected through its Channels with third parties for their sole promotional purposes or as otherwise outlined in this Privacy Statement. Plex may share information with our Service Providers contracted to provide services on our behalf. These Service Providers may only use
We may aggregate or de-identify information and share that information with third parties for any purpose. We may use, transfer, and disclose other information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy and for such other purposes we decide, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we combine other information with Personal Information or are required to treat other information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
Plex complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. Plex has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms
We are responsible for the processing of personal data we receive under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfer to a third party acting as an agent on our behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, we are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
You may direct any inquiries or complaints related to our Privacy Shield compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Data Processing and Cross-Border Transfer of Information
Personal information collected by Plex may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country where Plex or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third-party service providers maintain facilities. When you provide Personal Information to Plex, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information within the United States and around the world.
This Website and other Channels may contain links to other sites that Plex does not own or control and whose privacy practices may differ from those of Plex. The fact that this Website or another Channel links to a third-party website or service or allows you to share content on them is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. Please be aware that Plex is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this Website or other Channel. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of each website that collects Personal Information, as their privacy statement will govern any Personal Information you submit to those sites. This Policy applies only to information collected by this Website and the other Channels.
Plex Community and Public Forums
This Website allows you to post comments or questions such as on a blog, public forum, or Plex Community. Some of these features allow you to provide your Personal Information to create a profile. Personal information you submit in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You should only post Personal Information to online forums with the awareness that the information will be made available to others inside and outside of Plex (unless stated otherwise). Some of these comments and discussions are moderated and may be accessed or deleted for technical or other reasons. Any comments posted by individuals on an online forum, such as Plex Community or blog, are his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Plex. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Plex uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect and secure the information we collect and we employ industry standard security measures to ensure the security of information. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. Plex is not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet or for changes to or losses of information. Visitors to and users of this Website and the other Channels are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID, or
Retention of Information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you regarding our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, simply send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the information in the “Contact Us" section below. We will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days following our receipt of your request. We will continue to retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Reports generated from aggregated or de-identified information such as performance graphs (e.g., number of page views, number of unique visitors, etc.) may be kept longer.
Plex will allow an individual to access their Personal Information to the extent it is available and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks of the individual’s privacy in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. If you have provided Personal Information when registering for this Website or when requesting information about Plex or its products, services, programs or events, or if you change your mind about receiving information from us, you may access and modify that information at any time by sending us a request specifying updated information or your new choice. Simply send your request to email@example.com or contact Plex using the information in the “Contact Us" section below. We will process your request within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
Plex does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of this Website or the other Channels are designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a visitor is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or if you need to update, change or remove information, you can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail addressed to:
Plex Systems, Inc.
900 Tower Drive
Troy, MI 48098
If you have an unresolved EEA privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the relevant EU data protection authority, as applicable. If you have a non-EEA privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy at any time. Changes to this Policy will be posted on this Website and links to this Policy will indicate that the
Last Updated: May 24, 2018