Plex Systems Named a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For® Winner for Seventh Year
National Association for Business Resources selects Plex for its outstanding commitment its employees
TROY, Mich., March 17, 2020 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT for manufacturers, today announced it has been named a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For® by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR). This is the seventh time Plex has received this honor. From a list of more than 5,000 candidates, Plex was one of only 500 companies recognized for fostering an innovative workplace that positively impacts the lives and communities of its employees and customers while enabling increased productivity and corporate growth.
“With the war on talent hitting the doorsteps of the Best and Brightest, this achievement means
even more than it did a year ago,” said Jennifer Kluge, President and CEO, Best and Brightest Programs. “As we continue to raise the bar, these companies rise to the challenge through cultural innovation, maximizing their workforce potential.”
The 2019 national winning companies were assessed by an independent research firm, which identifies, recognizes, and celebrates the organizations that epitomize the award criteria of “Better Business. Richer Lives. Stronger Communities.”
In 2019 alone, Plex and its team members positively impacted the lives of its employees and the communities they live and work in:
- Founded the Women at Plex and Pride@Plex groups, which are designed to support diversity and inclusion initiatives at Plex, focusing on women and members and advocates of the LGBTQ community.
- Launched a formal mentorship training program to help team members develop new skills, increase efficiency, and achieve professional pursuits.
- Created and hosted a series of town halls to increase conversation, collaboration, and transparency around key corporate, customer, and product initiatives.
- Incorporated the needs of the local community into one of the company’s largest management training initiatives, where nearly 100 team members spent an evening fulfilling the wish lists of three Detroit-area charities. This group filled 30 moving boxes full of clothes, toiletries, and toys, and collected another 1,324 lbs. of food for families in need.
- Raised money to give both 58 personalized duffle bags filled with essentials and 57 birthday kits to children in foster care with Together We Rise.
- Organized a charity breakfast to benefit Blessings in a Backpack, a non-profit organization that feeds school children who rely on lunch programs and are at risk of going hungry on the weekends.
- Prepped, cooked, and served 68 meals at The Open Door in Gloucester, Massachusetts, which helps alleviate the impact of hunger in its community.
- Painted homes in California with Habitat for Humanity.
- Helped Cards for Kids Michigan, a Plex team member-led organization, contribute more than 3,000 handmade cards to southeast Michigan hospitals for Valentine’s Day.
- Gathered 40 volunteers to join Life Remodeled, which organizes 10,000 volunteers to beautify and rebuild 300 Detroit city blocks in just six days.
- Prepared the next generation of manufacturing leaders through a $40,000 donation to the FIRST® organization to advance education, skills development, and career mentorship.
“We are passionate about our work and our team, and we are dedicated to doing the right thing by one another, our customers, and the company,” said Cheryl Yuran, group vice president and chief human resources officer of Plex Systems. “Plex has been recognized for its workplace excellence for close to a decade because we never stop working to improve professional growth and personal enrichment opportunities for our team while continuing to grow a world-class company that helps businesses realize the value of smart manufacturing.”
To learn more about working at Plex, and to explore career opportunities, visit www.Plex.com/careers.
About the Best and Brightest Programs
The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in operations and employee enrichment that lead to increased productivity and financial performance. This competition scores potential winners based on regional data of company performance and a set standard across the nation. This national program celebrates those companies that are making better business, creating richer lives and building a stronger community as a whole. There are numerous regional celebrations throughout the country such as Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Houston, Milwaukee, San Diego and San Francisco. Nominations are now being accepted for all programs. Visit www.thebestandbrightest.com to nominate your organization.
About Plex Systems
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs. With insight from the shop floor to the top floor®, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
©2020 Plex Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Plex Manufacturing Cloud and the Plex logo are registered trademarks of Plex Systems, Inc.
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications, Plex Systems