Firstronic Accelerates Growth with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud
TROY, MICH., March 18, 2015 – Plex, the leader in cloud ERP manufacturing software, today recognized the global expansion of its customer, Firstronic. Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Firstronic makes electronic components for automotive, industrial and medical industry customers. Building upon its success in the U.S., the company recently launched a new plant in Mexico powered by the Plex manufacturing cloud in just 90 days, a process that would have taken 12-18 months with an on-premise ERP system.
Manufacturing Cloud Strengthens Firstronic’s Competitive Edge
- From LED automotive lighting to smart utility meters, Firstronic develops solutions for dozens of OEMs in a wide range of industries.
- Firstronic operates electronics manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Mexico, China, India and the Czech Republic and plans to further expand globally.
- Catalyzed by the need to shift off a legacy SAP solution and eager to create a foundation for faster growth, Firstronic implemented the Plex Manufacturing Cloud in 2012 for shop floor automation and ERP.
- In its first full year running Plex, Firstronic doubled revenue by winning contracts that had been lost to low-cost overseas competitors during the Great Recession.
- To build upon its success in Michigan and better-serve OEMs with Mexican operations, Firstronic recently started production at a new 70,000 square foot facility in Juarez, Mexico.
- Leveraging the flexibility and speed of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud, Firstronic launched the Mexico facility in just 90 days.
- Powered by the Plex Manufacturing Cloud, Firstronic has achieved better shop floor controls and competitive advantage through advanced technology, speed-to-market, quality and flexibility.
Comments on the News
“Firstronic has a tremendous opportunity to take the capabilities we have developed and proven in Michigan and replicate them around the word,” said Firstronic CEO John Sammut. “Plex plays a critical role – it gives us the same level of automation and control as the largest manufacturers in the world, but without the overhead, cost and complexity of a big, on-premise ERP system. Our ability to get the new Juarez, Mexico facility up and running in just 90 days is a great demonstration of the competitive advantage Firstronic gains with the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.”
“At Plex, we strive to help manufacturers build competitive advantage,” said Plex CEO Jason Blessing. “Firstronic’s success is emblematic of the global shift beyond lowest cost production to manufacturing based on quality, lead-times, flexibility and customer collaboration – all areas where Plex helps manufacturers excel.”
Firstronic’s Success in the Plex Manufacturing Cloud
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 400 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS