Former Eloqua CEO Joe Payne Appointed to Plex Board of Directors
TROY, MICH., Feb. 13, 2014 — Plex, the leader in cloud-based ERP for manufacturers, Thursday announced Joe Payne’s appointment to its board of directors. Payne is the former CEO of Eloqua, where he led the organization’s rapid growth from $11M in revenue to $125M in six years. He currently serves on the boards of Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), Dealertrack (NASDAQ:TRAK) and TrackMaven.
- Joe Payne joins the Plex board of directors effective immediately.
- Payne was most recently chairman and chief executive officer of Eloqua, Inc., the industry leader in marketing automation, where he served from June 2007 until Oracle Corporation acquired the company in February 2013.
- At Eloqua, Payne led the company’s growth from $11M in revenue to $125M in just six years, leading to the company’s IPO in August 2012.
- Payne previously served as CEO of eGrail, CEO of eSecurity and President of iDefense, a VeriSign, Inc. company.
- Payne holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Policy and a Masters of Business Administration degree from Duke University.
Comments on the News
“Joe brings to Plex an unparalleled track record for innovation, leadership and growth in cloud companies, from early stage development through IPO,” said Jason Blessing, chief executive officer of Plex. “I couldn’t be happier to welcome Joe to the Plex board, and I look forward to working closely with him as we accelerate our growth and industry leadership.”
“Plex has established itself as the leader in cloud ERP for Manufacturing. Plex brings to the manufacturing shop floor the agility and cost savings that SaaS has achieved in areas such as HR, marketing and CRM,” said Joe Payne. “With hundreds of customers, spanning from diesel engine makers to craft ice-cream processors, Plex represents a tremendous opportunity for industry transformation. I am excited to be part of the Plex team.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 400 companies, including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered shop-floor Cloud solutions, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.