Manufacturing Industry Leaders Choose Plex Systems
North American Lighting Deploys the Plex Manufacturing Cloud Across Eight Facilities; Accuride Runs Plex to Support Operations in North America and Europe
TROY, Mich., April 11, 2017 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today announced the company achieved another record year in 2016, as leading organizations continue to choose and deploy Plex to run their manufacturing enterprises. Today, more than 550 organizations, representing nearly 1,700 manufacturing facilities, are using Plex to run their operations around the world.
Industry Leading Manufacturers Choose Plex
Manufacturers across a wide range of industries including automotive, food and beverage, aerospace and defense, high-tech and electronics, and precision metal forming are choosing Plex. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is the only cloud-based solution proven to support mid-sized and large manufacturing organizations in discrete and process industries from the shop floor to the top floor. New customers that selected the Plex Manufacturing Cloud in 2016 include:
- BRC Rubber & Plastics, a leader in the design,
developmentand manufacturing of molded rubber and plastic products for the automotive industry and industrial markets.
- Küster North America, Inc., a leading manufacturer of e-shift, electromechanical/mechatronic systems for the automotive market, serving major OEMs and tier one suppliers across the globe.
- Wonton Food Inc., the largest manufacturer of noodles, wrappers and fortune cookies in the United States.
Leading Manufacturers Run Plex
Plex customers moved nearly 200 facilities onto the Plex Manufacturing Cloud in 2016, including small- and mid-sized manufacturers as well as global enterprises. Plex also continued the company’s best-in-class track record of exceeding 95 percent customer retention during the year. In addition, more than 175 existing customers expanded their use of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud over the past year, adding new capabilities or facilities to their deployments. Organizations that went live recently include:
- Accuride, leading supplier of components to the North American and European commercial vehicle industries. Accuride uses Plex in 11 facilities across North America and in 2016 expanded their deployment to a newly acquired steel wheel plant in Milan, Italy. With Plex, Accuride has achieved real-time connectivity across all production facilities, improving business operations and decision-making capabilities enterprise-wide. Accuride also received a 2016 Excellence Award by the Association for Manufacturing Excellence for its Mexico wheel-production facility’s extensive continuous improvement initiatives.
- North American Lighting (NAL), a tier one automotive lighting supplier serving some of the most recognizable worldwide automotive brands. NAL chose the Plex Manufacturing Cloud to replace multiple legacy systems and achieve seamless integration across its U.S. locations, which include four technologically-advanced manufacturing facilities, tool and equipment plants, and research and management offices. Plex is now live across all eight
facilities,and has enabled NAL to achieve significant savings in raw materials along with precise inventory management.
Comments on the News
“Plex is proud to work with the industry leaders that are actively defining their industries and setting the standards for manufacturing around the world,” said Jason Blessing, Plex Systems CEO. “Each of us at Plex works every day to deliver solutions that help manufacturers create, innovate and thrive. That focus is the foundation for Plex’s growth and market achievements.”
“Plex has been a great partner to Accuride as we have expanded, allowing us to offer World Class service to new customers globally,” said Paul Wright, Vice President and CIO at Accuride. “Connectivity is essential to our growth as team members from all areas of Accuride – and in all parts of the world – need access to real-time manufacturing data. With our cloud ERP solution from Plex, we’re able to access this data and fully connect our business to deliver for our customers.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 550 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications