Plex Manufacturing Cloud Delivers Real-Time Insights for Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Plex Systems and Baker Tilly Help American Axle & Manufacturing Automate Operations and Increase Output across Global Unit
TROY, MICH., August 19, 2015 – Plex, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today announced that American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM), a tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry, implemented the Plex Manufacturing Cloud across all seven facilities in its metal formed products division.
- AAM supplies the top automotive OEMs with driveline systems, chassis and steering components, crankshafts, transmission parts and metal-formed products for trucks, SUVs, passenger cars and crossover vehicles.
- AAM sought a software solution to manage operations and achieve better insight into the performance and capacity of the metal formed division across its seven locations, quickly and accurately.
- The company turned to global business and consulting firm Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) to deploy the Plex ERP software system across the entire metal forming division to formalize business processes, maintain optimal production rates and quality management, and gain real-time visibility into operations.
- AAM automated production of the metal formed unit with Plex modules for the shop floor as well as business administration: Engineering, Quality, Inventory, Production, Accounting and Supply Chain.
- AAM and Baker Tilly achieved a seamless go-live process, essential to avoid downtime for this high-output division.
- Since implementing Plex, AAM has achieved up to 10 percent improvement in inventory turns, a five percent increase in manufacturing output, and improved the accuracy and speed in financial and operational data management, reporting and periodic audits for its metal formed products division.
- The Plex ERP software system helped AAM achieve BSI quality standards and earn high ratings from auditors.
Comments on the News
“AAM’s commitment to continuous improvement has helped it build a roster of more than 100 customers that includes the world’s top automakers, such as General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford Motor Company and Honda,” said Plex CEO Jason Blessing. “At Plex, we are proud of the opportunity to work with companies like AAM and Baker Tilly to improve operations on the shop floor that drive business performance and ultimately improve the cars we drive every day.”
“Baker Tilly’s Plex manufacturing cloud implementation pre-configured industry models, methods, and manufacturing operational experience allowing AAM to achieve their desired operating goals and objectives. With our approach to configuration and concurrent validation and testing, we helped AAM achieve their implementation objectives quicker, nearing a 33% reduction in the implementation lifecycle,” said Peter Pearce, principal in Baker Tilly’s business and technology growth strategies’ Plex practice.
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 400 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
About Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,500 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 12 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 133 countries, with 27,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion.
With a specialized Plex management consulting practice, Baker Tilly works with clients to achieve their goals and objectives by offering comprehensive Plex Manufacturing Cloud implementation, business integration and Plex optimization services.
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
American Axle Manufacturing partners with Baker Tilly to Drive Innovation on the Shop Floor
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud helps American Axle Manufacturing drives innovation on its shop floors, improving efficiencies, streamlining processes and providing a single source of visibility. Through its partnership with Baker Tilly, AAM achieved a seamless go-live process, avoiding downtown for its high-output metal formed products division.