Plex Systems Appoints Karl Ederle As VP of Product Management
Ederle Brings Deep Experience in Product Strategy for High-Growth Organizations
TROY, MICH., Dec. 17, 2013 – Plex, the leader in cloud-based ERP for manufacturers, today announced the appointment of Karl Ederle as the company’s vice president of product management. Ederle brings extensive enterprise software product experience, with a background that spans industry-leading organizations including PeopleSoft, Taleo, SAP and Bank of America.
- Karl Ederle joins Plex Systems from his position as chief product officer at Kapow Software, a big-data analytics firm. Ederle led Kapow’s product strategy and marketing groups as the company established a leadership position in analytics, and later through their acquisition earlier this year by Kofax Plc.
- Ederle’s experience includes leadership roles at some of the most important and innovative B2B software companies. He led the development of pioneering cloud solutions at Taleo, and also led major product organizations at both PeopleSoft and SAP.
- In this newly formed position, Ederle will report directly to Jason Blessing, chief executive officer of Plex.
- Ederle is chartered with expanding and deepening Plex’s industry-leading Manufacturing Cloud, supporting the company as Plex expands into new industries and market opportunities.
- Plex has more than 350 customers managing more than 1000 manufacturing production operations; the company’s products are the first and only to provide a cloud backbone for the shop floor and back office of manufacturing firms.
Comments on the News
“As Plex continues to grow and expand into new markets, our product management team will continue to play a central role in fueling our business, ensuring we have the right solutions in place to lead every market in which we compete,” said Jason Blessing, chief executive officer of Plex. “Karl brings a wealth of experience in building industry-leading, enterprise product portfolios and the teams that drive them. Most importantly, his broad background in corporate strategy, global ERP, analytics and cloud products are a perfect complement to our Plex leadership team.”
“I couldn’t be happier to join Plex at this stage in the company’s growth,” said Karl Ederle, vice president product management for Plex. “The team has built and delivered a cloud product that is truly groundbreaking in its ability to tackle some of the toughest parts of enterprise software – the manufacturing shop floor—and in its ability to delight customers. I’m looking forward to working with the team to continue and accelerate our leadership.” Ederle will be based in Silicon Valley and will split his time between Plex’s Pleasanton, Calif. office and its headquarters in Troy, Mich.
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 350 companies across industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystem, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.