Plex Systems Delivers Supply Chain Planning
Translating Manufacturing Business Strategy into Integrated, Collaborative Planning
Detroit, MI April 26, 2016 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today announced a the launch of a new suite of supply chain planning products aimed at helping manufacturers efficiently and effectively manage their business, all the way from sales and operations planning to production and distribution planning.
The new capabilities provide visibility and control across multiple manufacturing facilities, warehouses, distribution centers and demand channels, supporting a comprehensive master production schedule (MPS). New supply chain planning solutions include Plex Master Scheduling, Plex Sales & Operations Planning, and Plex Distribution Planning.
These new Plex supply chain capabilities tie directly into Plex material and production requirements planning, supporting manufacturing organizations from enterprise wide planning to plant floor execution.
Plex Master Scheduling
Plex Master Scheduling helps organizations balance customer demand with available capacity to achieve a data-driven master production schedule, facilitating what, when and how much to produce. Key capabilities include:
- Sales history-based forecasting, with a variety of best-fit forecasting algorithms;
- Rough-cut capacity considerations and inventory safety stock models; and
- Closed-loop manufacturing operations management with support for periodic adjustments.
Plex Sales & Operations Planning
Plex Sales & Operations Planning enables organizations to collect and leverage inputs from sales, marketing, engineering, operations and finance to assess and project demand and supply forecasts. Key capabilities include:
- Workflow-driven, cross-functional planning;
- Demand-pattern modeling of what-if scenarios and override options;
- Enterprise-wide balancing of growth, cost, inventory and customer service; and
- Support for level-loaded and demand-chase production strategies.
Plex Distribution Planning
Plex Distribution Planning enables enterprise manufacturing organizations to optimize their MPS across a network of distribution and manufacturing facilities. Key capabilities include:
- Distribution requirements planning;
- Planned movement of inventory between locations;
- Location-specific forecasting, safety stocks, costs, lead times and other planning parameters; and
- Allocation of products to orders before safety stock and minimum order quantity requirements.
Comments on the News
“Manufacturing organizations face unprecedented pressure to meet near instantaneous customer demand, while maintaining both quality and profit margins,” said Karl Ederle, group vice president of Product Management at Plex Systems. “This new suite of supply chain planning capabilities, tied directly into Plex’s proven manufacturing and ERP, provide a comprehensive platform for running a high performance, global manufacturing operation from proactive planning to efficient execution.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 450 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
SR. MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS