Plex Systems today announced multiple product releases & enhancements to their ERP solution for manufacturing, The Plex Manufacturing Cloud.
TROY, Mich., October 30, 2018 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP and MES for manufacturing, today announced multiple product releases and enhancements designed to deliver operational and business efficiencies that reduce costs, automate recurring processes, and give leaders improved system visibility and control.
Delivering Solutions for Connected Manufacturing
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is the system of record for more than 600 leading manufacturers and has deep industry insights into the current and future needs of the manufacturing industry. Its solutions are built to help businesses innovate and grow while responding to industry demands and complying with global standards. The fall 2018 quarterly product release includes enhancements to supply chain management, analytics and the platform to improve the manufacturing process from the time an order is received to the time product is loaded for delivery.
Major product releases and enhancements include:
- APIs for Business Management Transactions: This release expands upon Plex’s existing suite of APIs, adding integration for business management transactions such as chart of account maintenance, general ledger activity, and time and attendance. These APIs can be used on their own or as part of a broader strategy to integrate Plex with a corporate system in a two-tier ERP environment.
- ECR to Procurement RFQ: The engineering change request (ECR) to procurement request for quote (RFQ) enhancement gives manufacturing engineers the ability to make requests for sourcing new parts directly within an ECR. This new integration refines communications between engineers and buyers to accelerate the sourcing process.
- IntelliPlex Upgrade: This major update to Plex’s business-intelligence (BI) application will deliver a greater selection of charting, visualizations, and faster, more flexible report design capabilities, helping leaders more effectively leverage key insights for decision-making.
- Lot and Heat Supplemental Shipping Documents: Adding new features to dynamic printing, this enhancement makes it easy to understand which supplemental attachments a user should print in addition to main shipping documents. The automatic detection and presentation of important documents to include for shipping streamlines the process.
- Multi-Entity Truck Shipping Module: This module enables enterprises with multiple plants to reduce logistics costs by providing better visibility and management of customer delivery requirements as well as fundamental logistic electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions.
- Plex Mobile: Plex’s native mobile app enables a manufacturer’s workforce to handle business-critical shop floor and administrative responsibilities in real-time from mobile devices. Enhancements have been made to cycle count, manage container, manage master unit and move, and part search functions. Plex Mobile is available for download through the Apple Store, Google Play, and Windows Marketplace.
Comments on the News
“Plex is relentlessly focused on product quality, performance, and availability, delivering solutions that anticipate today’s needs while innovating for the future of manufacturing,” said Richard Murray, chief product officer, Plex Systems. “Plex continues to be a pioneer in cloud manufacturing, working to connect all areas of the business to deliver operational visibility and deliver the information needed to make strategic decisions throughout the organization.”