Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Drive plant floor efficiency with end-to-end traceability, closed-loop quality, and a real-time production ecosystem.
Gain More Operational Control
Legacy ERP systems aren’t flexible enough for manufacturing execution systems (MES). Plant floor information available post-production—after the fact—doesn’t help you control output. Plex MES gives you real-time production management so you have up-to-the-minute manufacturing data—for end-to-end inventory visibility and closed-loop control.
At a Glance
Respond to changes in production with an intuitive control panel that captures real-time production and waste data.
Improve yields and enable operational analysis with automated Statistical Process Controls (SPC).
Increase inventory accuracy with high-resolution traceability.
Implement quality processes to make compliance easier and gain a competitive advantage.
Find out why the cloud is the best platform for synchronization of MES with ERP.
Learn why IDC positioned Plex Systems as a “major player” among six manufacturing execution system (MES) vendors.
MES in the Cloud
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud is built on a single source of truth, bringing together the fundamental components of production, inventory, and quality management so you can focus on manufacturing—not on maintaining software functionality or upgrades.
What Makes Plex Different?
Unlike many MES solutions that are a loosely integrated collection of separate functions, Plex synchronizes them together into an error-proofed solution that significantly increases productivity and transparency. Plex MES eliminates waste to ensure the highest quality, compliance, and productivity.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud enables you to effectively manage your financial, operational, and IT strategies within one unified system—beyond ERP and MES. A single source of truth that connects your plant floor to your top floor, giving you end-to-end supply chain and production visibility and control with real-time access to data across your entire manufacturing enterprise.
See how Plex solves your business challenges for: Integrated Business Planning (IBP), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Industrial Automation (M2M).
Real-time Production Ecosystem
To achieve operational excellence, you need to control all aspects of your plant floor and give employees visibility to make the best decisions they can about production. The Plex MES control panel acts as a production hub that enables you to:
- Rely on a common, intuitive control panel to capture real-time production and waste data, for reduction of manual data collection and analysis activities.
- Empower operations with a single source of truth so they have the information they need to perform their jobs.
- Access secure real-time production data (such as jobs and inventory) from anywhere on any device.
“What [Plex] gives us is real confidence in the processes we are running, the accuracy of the data we are capturing, the visibility of our operations, and the quality of the products we are creating and shipping to customers.” Technical Services Manager, Automotive Supplier
End-to-End Material Visibility
Stay on top of every material movement, from the moment inventory enters the plant floor until it leaves the plant floor as a finished good. Plex’s track and trace methodology delivers high-resolution visibility to confidently know where all of your inventory is so you can:
- Improve inventory accuracy with precise, real-time inventory tracking to reduce excess inventory and lower costs.
- Comply with regulations more easily with inventory traceability from the point it enters the MES to the time it is shipped.
- Respond to recalls more quickly and isolate exposure to only affected inventory versus recalling an entire lot, shift, or production run.
Closed-Loop Quality Management
In today’s highly competitive world, high quality production is not an option. It is an imperative. You need a material and process control system that minimizes variation and waste. Plex MES includes an integral quality management and control system so you can:
- Integrate control plans and FMEAs (failure mode and effects analysis) to increase process repeatability and predictability.
- Leverage real-time quality monitoring and built-in SPC for reduced variation and defects to increase yields.
- Run a quality-focused production operation with in-line checksheets that require operators to perform inspections, to identify, isolate and contain quality issues.
- Ensure quality certification with embedded compliance documentation including:
- APQP, PPAP, and ISO/TS16949 for the automotive industry.
- FAI, ITAR, and AS9100C for the aerospace industry.
- SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, and FSMA for the food and beverage industry.
“The FMEAs and control plans enabled by Plex represent functionality I’ve never seen another ERP solution provide, it is simple for us to present these documents as required by auditors and customers, and everyone is consistently pleased with their robustness.” Rick Herndon, President and COO, Firstronic
Customer Success Stories
Related Product Lines
Track and manage your inventory in real time, and stay in control with end-to-end traceability
Stay on top of plant floor operations — making the right quantity of the right product at the right time
Maintain superior quality for increased process repeatability and predictability