Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Monitor production in real-time and enable effective decision-making so that the plant floor is the place where the money is made, not lost.
Digitize for Operational Excellence
Plex MES is a single source of truth that delivers everything the work center needs, digitally, using the unique, touch-enabled control panel. And everything that happens at that work center is recorded—at the manufacturing moment—becoming immediately available to the business for review or decision-making.
At a Glance
Unique operator control includes work center setup, dispatched jobs, automatic checksheets, work instructions, and more to avoid manual, paper-based errors.
Use production analytics to dashboard any number of KPIs for shop floor, top floor, or off-floor viewing from anywhere in the world on any connected device.
Work center status, production reporting, and scrap recording with reason codes are all captured in real-time and available for review and reporting for confident decision-making.
Gain visibility of materials, from raw to WIP to finished goods, to reduce the need for excess inventory and carrying costs.
Connect to industrial automation or SCADA for automated recording, real-time OEE calculation, and dashboarding to increase visibility and drive performance.
Add Plex Industrial IoT (IIoT) for real-time asset monitoring to intercede in the event of potential machine failure to prevent unplanned downtime.
Find out how connecting your legacy ERP to cloud MES can jump start your digital transformation.
Discover why Plex Systems is recognized as a Challenger in the 2019 Gartner MES Report.
- Inventory Management – Know what inventory you have and where it is – from raw material to work-in-progress to finished goods – to reduce safety stock, excess inventory and carrying costs.
- Advanced Traceability – Extend your track & trace upstream and downstream to include full inventory geneology.
- Lot Management & Control – Accurately manage lotted inventory and products including using attributes and automatically prepare certificates of analysis (COA).
- Plant Floor Control – Increase productivity and reduce errors with a unique control panel that records production, scrap, and machine status for accurate OEE.
- Product Configurator – Manage configured BOMs by codifying the business rules for options.
- Product Data Management – Use product data management (PDM) for manufacturing including part lists, bills-of-materials (BOM), change requests, and more.
- Product & Program Management – Manage launches and other programs to keep all stakeholders and contributors in sync with the plan.
Core Production Planning & Scheduling
- Planning & Scheduling – Use capacity planning to manage what jobs to schedule to which work centers.
- Job Tracking & Trace – Manage jobs, job sets, templates, and track the status of jobs, work orders, or releases from plant floor to completion.
- Supply Item Management – Separately manage shop supplies.
Basic Quality Management
- Core Quality Management – Govern operational performance from control plans that actively control your quality procedures. Checksheets are automatically presented and inspection data is stored digitally—automatically flagging the operator on a bad measurement. FMEAs, issue management, integrated SPC and more!
- Gage Control – Manage proper devices and their calibration status.
Platform & Mobility
- Administration – Access all the foundational components to make an effective MES solution including permissions and security roles, activity and task management, email notification, and more.
- Barcoding and Label Printing – Identify all your raw materials, work-in-process inventory, finished goods, supplies, tools and more with barcoded labels and scanning.
- Document Management – Store, manage and track documents and their revisions in a centrally controlled database that acts as a “universal attachment system” for linking anywhere in the software.
- Reporting Foundation – Measure and track your company’s performance against critical metrics and objectives.
- Workflow – Design and implement repeatable workflows, from simple to complex, to keep everyone informed and effectively execute approvals.
- Plant Floor Mobile Access – Keep plant floor data at your fingertips with mobile scanners and mobile shipping and receiving.
- Plex Mobile – Keep plant floor data at your fingertips with mobile scanners and mobile shipping and receiving.
“What [Plex] gives us is real confidence in the processes we are running, the accuracy of the data we are capturing, the visibility of our operations, and the quality of the products we are creating and shipping to customers.” Technical Services Manager, Automotive Supplier
Customer Success Stories
Related Product Lines
Drive plant floor efficiency with high-resolution visibility, error-proof control, and a real-time production ecosystem that connects to your ERP—by design
Maintain superior quality for increased process repeatability and predictability
Track and manage your inventory in real time, and stay in control with end-to-end traceability
Stay on top of plant floor operations—making the right quantity of the right product at the right time