Accuride Implements Plex Across Multiple Manufacturing Facilities
Leading Maker of Wheel-End Systems for Everything from School Buses to Big Rigs to Fire Trucks Poised to Roll Out Plex to Five Additional Facilities in 2015
TROY, MICH., January 27, 2015 – Plex, the leader in cloud ERP for the manufacturing enterprise, today announced that Accuride Corporation (NYSE: ACW), a leading supplier of wheel-end system solutions to the OEM and aftermarket segments of the North American commercial vehicle industry, has adopted Plex Enterprise Edition Financials and Supply Chain applications.
Plex Enterprise Provides Centralized View to Manage Multiple Facilities as a Portfolio
- Accuride has nine operating sites – including seven technologically-advanced manufacturing facilities – across the U.S., Mexico and Canada, supplying steel and aluminum wheels and wheel-end components to all of the leading North American commercial vehicle equipment OEMs, as well as fleets, distributors and the aftermarket.
- The company first implemented the Plex manufacturing cloud in 2013 at its corporate office; now, it runs four of its facilities on Plex and expects to implement Plex at four additional operating sites in 2015.
- Because Plex is based in the cloud, Accuride has the flexibility to tailor solutions for each facility, while gaining a company-wide portfolio view from new Plex Enterprise applications.
- The Plex enterprise applications will enable Accuride to centralize many financial and supply chain controls to deliver greater visibility and consistency of management data across multiple facilities.
- Accuride expects that this global view of inventory, orders, payables and purchasing to improve customer service and collaboration with suppliers, and enable it to manage its operations more efficiently.
Comments on the News
“Accuride manufactures many of the same components at more than one production facility, but Plex now will enable us to easily view real-time production and business information at the enterprise level,” said Paul Wright, director of IT for Accuride. “This portfolio view of our operations that the Plex Enterprise Financials and Supply Chain applications provide will unlock a host of efficiencies, such as fulfilling orders based on inventory and proximity to the end-customer and improved forecasting across all of Accuride.”
“Accuride is a transportation industry pioneer, leveraging technology, Lean and process innovation across every aspect of their manufacturing operations,” explained Karl Ederle, vice president of Product Management for Plex. “That innovation is a huge component of their success in delivering wheel-end solutions across all sectors of the commercial vehicle industry. All of us at Plex are proud to support Accuride’s continued advance in industry leadership.”
About Accuride Corporation
With headquarters in Evansville, Ind., USA, Accuride Corporation is a leading supplier of components to the North American commercial vehicle industry. The company's products include commercial vehicle wheels; wheel-end components and assemblies; and specialty cast-iron components for a range of agricultural, construction and mining, and oil and gas equipment applications. The company's products are marketed under its brand names, which include Accuride®, Accuride Wheel End Solutions™, Gunite®, and Brillion™. Accuride's common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ACW. For more information, visit the Company's website at www.accuridecorp.com.
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 400 companies across industries including aerospace and defense, food and beverage and motor vehicles. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystem, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
Manager, Corporate Communications