Plex Systems Improves Supply Chain Processes, Workforce Efficiencies, and Inventory Traceability with New Product Releases
Updates to the Plex Manufacturing Cloud are designed to help manufacturers streamline operations from sourcing through shipping
TROY, Mich., January 31, 2019 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP and MES for manufacturing, today announced updates and enhancements that improve inventory management, enable manufacturers to access and contextualize more data, and support a mobile workforce.
The winter 2019 product release is now available to Plex customers, which run more than 2,000 plants in 22 countries on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. This quarter’s updates advance manufacturing operations, supply chain management, analytics
Enhanced Manufacturing Capabilities & Analytics
- Improved Purchase Order Capability and Integration with Supply Chain Planning: This update improves responsiveness to factors that impact supply chain planning such as bill-of-materials revisions by allowing for open purchase order modifications at the line level. This also improves the materials resource planning (MRP) outcome.
- Enhanced Traceability of Components with Piece Serialization: The Serialized Piece Consumption and Trace enhancement
givesmanufacturers the tracking and visibility of the manufacturing genealogy and conditions of each serialized unit produced.
- Configurable Lot Certificates of Analysis: A new user interface allows manufacturers to build flexible, custom presentations of lot attribute data suited to the business’s industry, product, and even specific customers’ certificates of analysis (CoA) requirements.
- Lot Attribute Checksheet Integration: This enhancement allows users to map Part Lot Attributes to Part Specifications as well as automatically aggregate and push checksheet measurements to Lot Attribute Values.
- ROI Heat Maps and Widgets Added to IntelliPlex: IntelliPlex, a business intelligence tool that enables the creation of sophisticated reports and dashboards to help manufacturers make data-driven decisions, now has heat maps and other widgets designed to improve ROI calculations.
Connectivity & Security
- Plex Mobile Voice Integration and Increased Functionality: Manufacturers can now control inventory movement with hands-free voice commands. Additional capabilities for customer shipping and inventory are also now available. Plex’s native mobile app Plex Mobile is available for download through the Apple Store, Google Play, and Windows Marketplace.
- Identity Access Management: This security update adds account activity, an authentication log, and an access control log to the previously released IAM offering.
- APIs for Sales Order and Shipping: Manufacturers can integrate commonly used fields with a third-party ERP. These additional APIs can be used on their own for point solutions or as part of a broader strategy to integrate Plex with a corporate system in a two-tier ERP environment.
- Industrial IoT: Plex’s Industrial IoT limited availability offering allows manufacturers to access assets through Kepware providing real-time visualizations of asset statuses with context from the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.
Most system updates are made continuously with unique opt-in and preview capabilities, putting customers in complete control of which features they choose to utilize.
About Plex Systems
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 600 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications