Plex Systems Marks Decade of Annual Double-Digit Growth; Poised for Future Success
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud runs more than 2,300 global facilities for leading manufacturers; completes 7 billion transactions per day
TROY, Mich., February 27, 2019 – Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP and MES for manufacturing, today announced that it has achieved double-digit growth for the 10th consecutive year, with more than 600 discrete and process manufacturers now on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. Plex also introduced over 40 new product releases and enhancements to drive manufacturing productivity, workforce efficiency, and streamline operations from the supply chain through delivery. In 2018, Plex helped its customers make 556,000 unique parts and
“Plex and its customers personify the convergence of the physical and digital worlds, defining Industry 4.0 and transforming the way things are made,” said Bill Berutti, CEO of Plex Systems. “Plex was the first to deliver ERP and MES in the cloud and with the addition of Industrial IoT in 2019, Plex will continue to be at the forefront of manufacturing technology, creating new opportunities for productivity and innovation. When combined with widespread cloud adoption predicted by manufacturing industry experts, Plex is poised to help manufacturers achieve unprecedented growth and success.”
Award-Winning Manufacturers Choose Plex
- Plex now has 640+ customers globally in the automotive, fabricated metals, food and beverage, industrial machinery, plastics and rubber, and aerospace industries. These customers are now live on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud or supply chain planning solution DemandCaster.
- In the past year, DemandCaster grew its annual recurring revenue by 95 percent, serving customers including artisanal chocolatier TCHO Chocolate, power connector manufacturer ASKPower and technology accessory creator STM Brands.
- Leading manufacturers powered by Plex win industry awards. GM recognized leading automotive suppliers with awards for exceeding expectations for quality, execution and total enterprise cost, including Plex customers American Axle, Coastal Automotive, Inteva Products, and Motus Integrated Technologies. Accuride Corporation earned one of manufacturing’s highest honors, being named to IndustryWeek’s 28th class of Best Plants. Argent Tape & Label was recognized as a MichBusiness Manufacturing Marvel.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud Benefits Manufacturers
- Plex acquired DATTUS, Inc. to accelerate Industrial IoT among manufacturers by making machine connectivity as simple as adding smart thermostats to homes. The acquisition adds connectivity, data management, and data analysis capabilities to Plex’s current product offerings.
- Plex introduced Plex Mobile, a native mobile app purpose-built to address the needs of manufacturing professionals. The app allows workers to handle key business-critical shop floor and administrative responsibilities, such as inventory management, and access and share relevant information real-time from mobile devices.
- Plex doubled the number of major releases from 2017, focusing on significant enhancements to core discrete and process manufacturing capabilities such as sequencing and lot management. It also expanded its manufacturing intelligence platform, adding human capital management analytics.
- Plex achieved an industry-leading 99.998 percent uptime with only 12 minutes of unplanned downtime in 2018, delivering a reliable solution in the cloud.
Plex Recognized in the Industry
- Plex Systems* was named a Challenger in Gartner, Inc.’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems.1
- Plex Systems was recognized nationally and regionally for its workplace leadership. The company was announced one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the fifth time by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR). It earned its ninth Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces Award and was named a NABR Metropolitan Detroit’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® for the 10th year.
Plex Strengthens and Expands Team Globally
- Plex strengthened its leadership team, naming Bill Berutti chief executive officer; Fred Hehl chief sales officer; Cheryl Yuran group vice president of human resources; and Tom Nessen general manager of DemandCaster. Plex also named Robin Saitz its chief marketing officer in early 2019.
- Plex expanded into India as part of the acquisition of
DATTUS, adding a sixthlocation to its five North American offices.
“We are seeing a market where vendors which only support CRM, financials or HCM functionality claim to be ERP vendors,” said Vinnie Mirchandani, industry analyst and CEO of Deal Architect. “We are also seeing ERP vendors whose manufacturing functionality has not evolved in the last decade. Plex is one of the few vendors which is keeping up with modern shop floors where wearables, robotics
1Source: Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems,” Rick Franzosa, 5 November 2018
*Positioned as Plex in the quadrant and named as such in the report.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Plex Systems
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to nearly 600 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications